This privacy notice has been written to inform past and present volunteer members of Friends of Dalby Forest (FoDF) about what we do with your personal information.
We have a responsibility to you and your personal data and will only collect and use it in ways which are compliant with data protection legislation.
What types of personal information do we collect about you?
The categories of information that we collect, hold and share, include the following:
- your contact details, including your name, address, telephone number and personal email address
- your emergency contact details and next of kin
- details of any training you undertake as a volunteer with FoDF
We may also collect, use and process the following special categories of your personal information (as applicable):
- Relevant medical information
We collect and update this personal information directly from you throughout the period of your volunteering with us.
Why and how do we use your personal information?
We use the information we collect primarily to enable us
- to support the charitable and educational aims of FoDF
- to inform you about forthcoming FoDF work tasks, activities and events
- to perform effective administration and ensuring the smooth running of FoDF.
Who has access to your personal information?
Your personal information may be shared internally amongst FoDF trustees and Dalby Forest staff where your personal information is necessary for the performance of their roles.
We will not share any information about you to anyone else without your consent unless we have a lawful basis for doing so.
For how long does FoDF keep your personal information?
FoDF will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed. FoDF will generally hold your personal information only for the duration of your volunteering and active engagement with FoDF and its activities.
Your rights in connection with your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes, e.g. you change your email address, so that our records can be updated.
Under GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to the processing of personal data.
- to be informed about how we process your data. This notice fulfils this obligation
- to request access to the personal data that we hold about you and be provided with a copy of it
- to request rectification of your personal information
- to request the erasure of your personal information
- to restrict the processing of your personal information
- to object to the processing of your personal information
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact email@example.com